Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Perhaps the end is near

Odd as it might be, the same news organization that brought you the trashy slideshow of celebrity mug shots is now heralding in a temporary end to tabloid journalism.

The Chicago Tribune's logic: celebrities are getting boring.

Apparently we're past the mayhem of Brajolina and Bennifer. May those days rest in peace.

Here's a link to that article: http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-celebrity-lull-1117nov17,0,6940222.story

Typically I'm a cynic. Some consider it a negative quality, I consider it survival of the fittest. But in this case, I'd like to think that the American public has shed its fascination with celebrities. Perhaps images of war and suffering are actually getting the attention they deserve.

And right when I was thinking that, I scrolled down and saw a link to the slideshow of celeb mug shots I used as a guilty pleasure. Gotta love related content.

No comments: